Truckee River Fishing Regulations - Update March 1, 2021
by Scott Keith
New California Freshwater fishing regulations were announced on March 1, 2021 from the California Department of Fish & Game.
For the Truckee River, here is what is says:
Truckee River (Nevada, Placer, and Sierra cos.)
(A) Truckee River for 1,000 feet below the Lake Tahoe outlet dam.
- Closed to all fishing all year.
(B) Truckee River from the confluence of Trout Creek downstream to the mouth of Prosser Creek.
- Open all year, only artificial flies with barbless hooks may be used.
No trout may be taken (0 trout allowed)
(C) Truckee River from the mouth of Prosser Creek downstream to the Nevada State Line.
1. Open from Last Saturday in Apr. through Nov. 1
- Only artificial lures may be used.
- 2 trout may be taken during this time period
- Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used.
- No trout may be taken (0 trout)
For the full report, visit the California Department of Fish & Wildlife.